Many people may think that they will get an advantage or additional discounts if they get direct car insurance quotes. This may be true with or or two companies. This is what some of them advocate and promise to do. Technically, they should be cheaper because they don’t have to pay middlemen when they sell policies.
Let’s entertain this idea a bit further. What if the only company you went for is one of the most expensive one to start with that getting 10% discounts from them will never make them competitive? What if it cannot work with independent brokers because they will never recommend their products for being expensive or not liking them at all? This is the problem with dealing with only one firm because you only hear their side of the story.
That is why it is best to know the alternatives before you contact any of them. Otherwise, you will leave yourself open to being cornered by well-trained agents. You cannot believe how often people walk in to check prices and end up leaving with an unintended purchase. There is a way to get over this disadvantage.
How Can Car Insurance Comparison Websites Help You?
They are set up to show various options open to you. A good online platform doesn’t stand as barrier but works openly. That is why you need to choose the right website to check rates and terms. They can present following advantages.
- It is the fastest way of knowing what policies and offers are available right now. They document most of the options in a given zip code. They can bring a few providers together in one place.
- Comparison sites, like this one, allow you to choose the insurer and go to their official page from within. This means that you can get direct auto insurance quotes from a few of them pretty quickly rather than only one.
- They are set up to react to a query almost instantly that reduces research time significantly. You don’t need to try hard to find more economical carriers operating in the area one by one.
- They don’t cost you anything, as they offer free estimates no matter how many you get. Typically, carriers pay negligible referral fees to these sites that doesn’t force them increase rates for applicants coming from these sources. In other words, you would be treated just like someone who approached them directly.
- Potentially, they can save you huge amount of time and money. You would have the full benefits of both worlds. You would be able to check rates from most carriers effortlessly and still be considered as a customer for whom they don’t pay commission. Remember that these sites are not agents but facilitators who wouldn’t receive commissions from sales and renewals.
Concerns with Getting One Quote Only
There are several providers who are advocating sales without middlemen. However, it is questionable why they would rather you came straight to them, instead of coming through an independent broker or other intermediary. Are they really trying to cut costs by cutting the middleman as they claim? Or are they trying to make sure that they are the only people who could influence your choices? Here are some of the problems with getting direct vehicle insurance quotes before confirming prices independently or without an independent broker.
- The information would be coming from one possibly biased source. They train their sales forces to up own products. Those agents wouldn’t probably have a clue what the competitors offer.
- They would want to wrap the deal up as quickly as possible so that the customer has very little time to think about it or look elsewhere. You may think that you are able to speak for yourself. Nonetheless, many people are put on the spot to make a fast decision and end up regretting it later.
- Limited exposure hardly ever works in favor of consumers. There are hundreds of companies varying in size, efficiency and competitiveness. Why would you want to get cornered by one?
- Independent brokers and sites provide valuable services to shoppers. They normally don’t care which quotation you choose at the end. Therefore, they don’t need to try hard to sell one particular policy.
- It is always a good idea to be open to alternatives. You should check prices and coverage and try to make a smart decision based on unbiased information.
It would be appealing to hear all the discounts a particular company puts out. You would be tempted to agree with them and make the purchase. You may even believe that you did a good job by grabbing the savings while they are available. Also, you would be happy that it didn’t take long.
However, most deals would still be there tomorrow as well. Besides, others may offer better coverage and cheaper premiums. Furthermore, it doesn’t really take that long to compare automobile insurance quotes online. You can enjoy all the benefits at a much lower cost if you take time to do your homework.